Festival of Champions
Tuesday, October 23, doors open at 5 p.m.
Free event, open to the Public
Event highlights include:
- Autographs and photo opportunities with Olympians, Paralympians and coaches
- A parade of nations and March of the Olympians
- Special award presentation by the International Fair Play Committee
- Sport and fitness training demonstrations
- Fitness, health and wellness stations (Liability Wavier Required)
- Bubble soccer, disc golf, cricket and fun sports on the turf
- Latin, Asian and American cuisine
- Cultural booths with henna art, name translations and local sports
- DJ and live entertainment
- Salsa or mambo dance lessons
- Poster displays of Olympic years
- Olympic-themed youth art projects on display
- Olympic-themed academic poster presentations
- Video Reel of 1968 Summer Olympic Games (pending permission)
The first 600 youths, who have completed the 3-Pillar summer program will receive a sport bag and a picture with an Olympian. Water bottles and commemorative programs will also be available to participants.
All medal winners from the YMCA Youth Games will be invited on stage for a group photo with the Olympians and affiliates.