Elite Sport & Culture Week
Meet World Class Athletes and Coaches including Olympians & Paralympians
Hosted by Tiffin University, Terra State Community College and Tiffin Mercy Health
October 20-25, 2018
Elite Sport and Culture Week will feature world-class athletes and coaches, with over a dozen Olympians and Paralympians participating in educational and inspirational events throughout the community. Festivities include the Festival of Champions, celebrating elite sports, sportsmanship and culture; school visits from Olympians and affiliates; a Youth Games and Medal Ceremony; an art exhibit, featuring an eclectic collection from a renowned Olympian; and a community breakfast panel featuring Olympians and a member of the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
"Elite Sports and Culture Week will have a significant impact in the Tiffin Community. Exposure to Olympians, Paralympians and coaches will provide unprecedented opportunities to learn and appreciate the core values of the Olympics. I welcome and encourage everyone to participate in this wonderful investment in our community. Surely, the Olympic values on parade in Tiffin and Seneca County will affect the quality of life for all those involved for years to come."
- Tiffin Mayor Aaron Montz
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 20
- Youth Games and Medal Ceremony at YMCA
Tuesday, October 23
- Festival of Champions at Tiffin University’s Heminger Center
Wednesday, October 24
- Speaking tour at area schools and the Ritz Theatre
- Ribbon Cutting Tiffin University Wrestling Facility
- Diane Kidd Art Gallery exhibition, featuring works from Dr. Liston Bochette III, at the Hayes Center for the Arts
Thursday, October 25
- Good Morning World Panel featuring Olympians “Preparing for LA 2028” at the Marion Center
- Speaking tour at area schools
*All events are open to the community.
Three Pillar Program
June through August – (view more information)
- Students (K-6) are encouraged to earn three pillars in the summer by learning about sport and culture at the library, the YMCA and the Tiffin Art Guild.
- The three pillars can be redeemed for a sport bag or water bottle and a picture with an Olympian at the Festival of Champions.
- All participating schools will receive an Education Tool-Kit prior to the 2018-19 academic year.
For more information, please contact one of the co-chairs below.
Dr. Bonnie Tiell, email@example.com
Dr. Ron Schumacher, firstname.lastname@example.org